To apply, please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Licensed Massage Therapist
full time/part Time
POSITION EXPECTATIONS :
- Demonstrates commitment to the highest quality of massage therapy/bodywork to those who seek their professional services.
- Acknowledges the inherent worth and individuality of each person by not discriminating or behaving in any prejudicial manner with clients or colleagues.
Demonstrates professional excellence through regular self-assessment of strengths, limitations and effectiveness by continued education and training.
- Acknowledges the confidential nature of the professional relationship with clients and respects each client’s right to privacy and decency.
Conducts all business and professional activities of the Carle Health & Fitness Center with a positive self-image and in accordance with the established member-focused culture.
Refrains in any degrading or unprofessional conduct and maintains age-specific appropriateness with clients.
- Able to lead by example in living a healthy lifestyle.
- Provides general supervision for clients participating at the facility and is committed to customer service excellence.
- Committed to providing the best services possible by maintaining current certifications, attending continuing education seminars, and reviewing industry literature.
Demonstrates a team approach by displaying the willingness to embrace a “facility first” attitude and exceeding expectations in any way possible.
- Maintains all licensing and certifications required to practice in State of Illinois and Carle Health & Fitness Center requirements.
- Attains financial goals and objectives per strategic plan and budget.
- Accepts constructive criticism/direction and effectively changes own performance.
High School Diploma or GED
Current CPR/AED Certification
HIRING REQUIREMENTS :
- Current Licensure and State Certification for Massage Therapy
- Fluent in the English language
- Legal to work in the United States
Minimum of 2 years of customer service experience and 1 year of massage experience
- Excellent organizational skills, recording keeping ability and relationship development skills
Specialty certification from reputable organization in areas such as, but not limited to, Swedish, deep tissue, sports massage, myofascial techniques, craniosacral, infant and pre-natal massage.
Has an extensive knowledge of nutrition and weight management best practices that are scientifically proven, approved and safe for all. The dietitian is able to design and implement wellness programs related to nutrition and a healthy food environment. Other responsibilities include ability to counsel clients and complete comprehensive nutrition assessments for a wide variety of clients, challenges and conditions. The dietitian will also develop, market, and distribute nutrition related health education information as well as conduct nutrition lectures and food demonstrations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition/Dietetics or related field.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist, Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist
Skilled communicator, results-oriented, organized, outgoing, friendly, compassionate, team oriented, articulate and strong knowledge of health and wellness coaching.
Master’s Degree in pertinent field of study and hold certifications for special populations through nationally accredited organizations.
Minimum of one year experience in Dietitian or Nutrition services.
Group Fitness Instructor
We are looking for Group Fitness Instructors with a high-energy, engaging group exercise class format that attracts and retains the center’s membership base. The instructor must be outgoing, personable and have the ability to motivate members and actively teach assigned courses. Dependability is critical as is the ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to the needs of the members and the class schedule, from early mornings, mid-morning, afternoon and evening.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year Preferred)
- AFAA, ACE, ACSM, ASFA, MOSSA, etc.
- Looking for Instructors in the specific format of spin, cycle, aquatic fitness, and yoga.