What is a Registered Dietitian?
In a world of fad diets and social media influencers, a Registered Dietitian (RD) should be the one you trust for nutrition advice. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist, but only a RD has the complete training and education established by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics. A RD has also passed a rigorous exam and continues to learn the latest nutrition guidelines through continuing education. A RD can be trusted to provide evidenced-based, personalized nutrition recommendations.
Why schedule a session with a Registered Dietitian?
A RD will work with you to set realistic nutrition goals based on your current dietary intake. A dietitian will help you build a healthy, well-rounded plate and can teach skills such as reading a nutrition label, choosing better options while eating out, and listening to hunger and fullness cues. A RD will help you strategize meal planning and grocery shopping. A dietitian can educate you on fueling your body in a healthy way and help you stay accountable for the nutrition goals you set.
There are endless reasons why you may want to meet with a Registered Dietitian, but here are a few common reasons:
- Managing diabetes, high blood pressure, or other chronic conditions
- Having a food allergy, intolerance, or sensitivity
- Weight loss or gain
- Wanting guidance on a nutrition trend
- Improving your fitness performance
- Cooking and recipe ideas
- Children with picky eating habits
What will the Registered Dietitian address during the session?
- Current dietary intake, habits, and eating schedule
- Your food and cooking skills
- Any challenges you face buying, preparing, or eating foods
- Nutrition concerns and goals
- Current state of health
- Activity level
We are not currently accepting dietitian appointments. Please check back. Interested in learning more about your overall health? Check out our Health Coaching Services.