This comprehensive program is designed to provide education, support, and guidance for individuals who struggle with weight loss or are unsure of how to begin their weight loss journey.
Led by CHFC Registered Dietitian Emily Leffew, this approach to weight management focuses on nutrition education and fostering a supportive group environment.
Each session, Emily will present a short, informative presentation on a scheduled topic related to nutrition and weight management. From understanding the importance of balanced, nutrient-dense foods to decoding nutrition labels and exploring mindful eating techniques, Emily will equip you with the knowledge and tools necessary to make informed decisions about your nutrition and overall health.
But this program goes beyond just education. We believe that support and community play a vital role in achieving long-term success. After Emily’s presentation, the floor will be open for a group conversation where participants can share their experiences, insights, and challenges. It’s an opportunity to learn from one another, exchange tips and strategies that have worked in the past, and build a network of support to navigate the weight loss journey together.
Whether you have tried various diets in the past or are just starting out, this program welcomes individuals of all backgrounds and experiences. Our goal is to empower you with knowledge, inspire meaningful conversations, and provide the support you need to make sustainable changes in your lifestyle.
Join our Weight Management Class and discover a nurturing space where education meets support. Together, let’s embark on a journey towards healthier habits, weight management, and overall well-being. Start your transformation today and take the first step towards a healthier, happier you.
Program Cost: $29/month (open to the community)
Class/session times: 2nd and 4th Wednesday from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Nutrition Education Topics include:
- Introduction: Program overview, “get to know you”/icebreaker, healthy snack/treat
- Nutrients: High-quality nutrient dense foods to promote health and well being
- Hydration: The importance of hydration and awareness of sugar sweetened beverages
- Decoding the label: Nutrition labels on food packages – how to use them to make food decisions
- Mindful eating: bringing awareness to our body’s hunger and fullness cues
- Benefits of keeping a food journal or food diary
- Cooking in the kitchen: Cooking methods and the best cookware brands to facilitate healthy eating
- Recipe Modification: How to reduce the fat or sugar in recipes while keeping all the flavor
- Food demonstrations: Food demonstrations of healthy snacks, desserts, or sides dishes (with recipes provided)
- Benefits of Physical Activity: A CHFC trainer will join the discussion to talk about exercise and fitness
- Navigating social situations: How to navigate social situations/birthdays/holidays when you’re on a weight loss journey
- Navigating menus: Choosing healthy options while dining out at restaurants