Tips for the kettlebell deadlift:
- It’s a safe exercise if you’re doing it correctly and is easier to learn than the barbell
- Don’t set up too far away from the weight. Try to line up the handle of the kettlebell with your shoelaces
- Focus on driving your hips backward creating vertical shins (no knees pushing over toes)
- Having a strong, flat back
- Visualize squeezing fruit in your armpit (lat engagement)
- You do not have to go all the way to the floor; find the range of motion that works best for you
- Engage your core – brace your abdominal muscles like someone is going to punch you in the stomach
- Stand tall at the finish
Here Coach Adam demonstrates the proper form for the Kettlebell Deadlift.
In this video, Coach Adam shows the incorrect form for the Kettlebell Deadlift.